Information for Prospective Members
Rotarians are business and professional leaders who take an active role in their communities while greatly enriching their personal and professional lives. A Rotary club contains a diverse group of professional leaders from the community that the club serves.
Membership in a Rotary club offers a number of benefits, including:
• effecting change within the community;
• advancing business and professional contacts;
• developing leadership skills;
• gaining an understanding of – and having an impact on – international humanitarian issues.
Through Rotary’s service programs, a Rotary club can have a significant effect on the quality of life in its community. Rotary Foundation programs offer opportunities to form international partnerships that help people in need worldwide. Some 1.2 million Rotarians in 30,000 clubs in more than 160 countries make significant contributions to the quality of life at home and around the globe.
Responsibilities of Membership
Rotary club membership carries with it certain responsibilities.
Members are expected to attend weekly programs of the club. Opportunities to make up attendance include attending the regular meeting of another Rotary club, attending various other Rotary meetings, or attending a club service project authorized by the club board of directors.
• Members are required to pay annual dues to their club, district, and to Rotary International.
• Members are expected to participate in local or international activities or projects of the Rotary club.
• Clubs encourage members to aspire to leadership or committee roles within their clubs.
• For more information on becoming a member of the Jeffersonville Rotary club please email firstname.lastname@example.org